Rode’s property consultancy work covers a wide spectrum and renders property-related research services to the public and private sectors.
As consultants, Rode & Associates are often called upon to do difficult tasks. So, for instance in 1990 Rode analysed and forecast the property market in Maseru for the Lesotho National Development Corporation (LNDC). This project involved, inter alia, forecasting demand trends in Maseru. Studies often utilise econometric analysis to forecast trends.
EXAMPLES OF OTHER ASSIGNMENTS INCLUDE:
- Compiling a macro overview of the South African housing market for the national Department of Housing;
- Demand forecasts for specific office nodes, industrial townships, and flats markets;
- Forecasts of rental levels using econometric modelling;
- Property-portfolio analysis;
- Long-term forecasts of property values in South Africa;
- An analysis of the property market in towns and municipalities;
- Acting as an expert witness in arbitration and litigation;
- Assessment of market potential for commercial property ventures such as new or existing office complexes, retail centers, light industrial nodes, etc. To do this, property market indicators are identified and analyzed, e.g. supply and demand analysis (type & size), rentals (R/m²), selling prices, escalation rates (%), vacancies (%), take-up rates (%).
- Advisory services to implement the Government Immovable Asset Management Act, Act 19 of 2007 (GIAMA);
- Research to determine the highest and best use for unused and underutilised government immovable assets.